Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dragon Age Iniquisition Part 2

So I've moved a little bit further into the story, not by much but by enough to add a NEW PART.

I haven't had a chance much to write about game soundtracks. Soundtracks are my favorite genre of music. I have the soundtracks or parts of them from all the Dragon age games. Orchestral swells that make things seem grander and more moving. This is the power of music. A good soundtrack can really make a game more endeared and memorable.

Games with good music stick with me. Legend of Zelda has always been big into music, and Halo has that haunting chant that has become a staple of the series. Now at first, I didn't hear any repeating melody that I would consider memorable in DA:I. That is until one scene where characters break out into a song. It starts a Capella but then you hear the theme song swell in at the end. Then I started noticing the melody everywhere in the game. It did have a running them. And it was a pretty song too. I'm glad I got the soundtrack.
Also...this is now Dragon Age the Musical. Ha ha! (And characters do comment on the scene. "Hey you made people start singing all together." "Yes...please don't break into song now." "...Fine...*pout*")

Also, it finally happened I met the cameos I was HOPING to meet. King Alistair makes a brief appearance. But Hawke is a character. Unfortunately it kind of stops the game and makes you recreate Hawke or use the default. Pssh...of COURSE I remade Hawke to look like AJ from my stupid fan comics. Yes I may have scripted some out before I even knew what the game was about. But sadness, I lost the thumbdrive on which they were stored.

It breaks up the gameplay and story flow to do a character creation but I kind of appreciate the effort too add the character in. So how much farther did I get? Not far at all. I keep going back to play other characters until they're at the same point. I don't know why I do this to myself.

I lied I do know. I want to see how different the world is based on the world states I used for each saved game.

Anyway, as I get further in I'll add more. Until next time.