Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2016 Year in Games Review

So I really haven't played as many games as I thought I would this year but here are a few of my stand out favorites.


 1. Undertale - yeah I think this is at the top of a lot of lists. I now have the soundtrack on my iPod and some fanart as my facebook banner. Because gooood.

2. King's Quest - True return to form with enjoyable voice acting, beautiful art and storytelling...also fantastic puns. We got two chapters to this episodic game.

3. Backstage Pass - Finally got some voice acting in. :) Really kind of a refreshing date sim where the protagonist isn't a vulnerable amnesiac who let's men lock her up in dog cages. I guess that's the difference for a u.s. based date sim. Or maybe I haven't found that route yet.

4. Inquisition - It goes on the list...because it just does. Also yay for the DLC. Finally got through ONE playthrough of it. Nice set up for the next bit in the series. Bravo team...bravo.


So what am I looking forward to?
Ummm...I don't know really. I like to be surprised so I haven't been following any game news recently. :P Although I've wanted to play an older game Masamura Demon Blade...because I enjoy Vanillaware's art for the most part. And Odin Sphere is one of my top favorite games of all time.

I think this year I should dust off my older consoles. I mean that literally. They're dusty. And play some of my old games or games I've bought for my WiiU that I need to get through like Resident Evil 4. I KNOW...I'm late to the game. But I liked 6...and I need to finish 5. Not as fun as 6 for me.

Peace and Happy New Year.

UPDATE: I just realize that there's a new Fire Emblem game coming out. Shut the front door.
One same sex couple possibility but still...marriage and kids. :) Yay w00t. Putting it on my wishlist...oh wait...crumbs. There two story routues but two separate games? Well played Nintendo...well played. >:(